Saturday, January 28

Thunder Bay Update

It's been another quiet week here on Lake Superior. Erica has been away most of the week doing a school board review up in Dryden. The remainder of us have carried on with our business here. Wendy and I continue with our gym work, and some benefits are accruing (I'm sure my accountant daughter knows what that means!). Erin and Kristian are doing well. Kristian is now making syllables, so this grandparents are trying to imagine that he's actually saying something. I think if he ever gets to spend any quality time on the floor he will start crawling soon!

The weather continues to amaze me. The water has been running in the streets. In Yellowknife, they used to block off the street drains with heavy plastic for the winter to keep them from freezing. Here they keep running through the winter. The high this week was plus ten, and my skating rink in the back yard became a swimming pool.

On Saturday we got startling news from Saskatchewan. We lost two old friends (Eddie & Helen Elford) in a car accident. Our sympathies to the Elford families.

1 comment:

Erica said...

At least the pool is in the right place!