Sunday, January 22

News update

We're experiencing our first cold weather of the winter, with a few days of minus twenty or so. However, we're back in the single digits again now.

My big event of the week is a three-day conference in Toronto on Thursday through Saturday. It goes very well, and I'm encouraged with the possibilities for education in the province as a result. The plan is to develop and manage the research community within education to a much greater extent. The symposium included the universities, the schools and the ministry. The universities were very excited at the prospect of getting access to all our data. The ministry is hoping to change education to being subject to improvement via the research route, like medicine is. In education we've usually reacted to whims or advocacy as far as deciding on changes. This has not been a productive source of improvement! This new partnership will not serve our little schools directly, since our data is too limited, but the results will be applicable at least.

Wendy and I have continued our gym activities, although my trip to TO interrupted my program. I've now lost two pounds!

Erin went in for her laser surgery on Thursday. All seemed to go well.

And that's how it's been this week at Lake Superior.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Beels!
I like this new blogging thing...I may need to start one:)
Just wanted to let you know that I attempted my first Cheesy chicken casserole today! I had a memory... and then a craving, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. It was pretty yummy...but it needed a Wendy's touch I think;)
Hope you're having a good day. Love Tamala