Sunday, January 15

The Gnus from Lake Superior

The weather has continued mild through this week, with most days getting above freezing. As a result, our well-salted streets are usually slushy. We've received some fresh snow, but not a great deal, so shovelling action has been reduced. Then on Saturday, it turned cold, as we are suffering with minus fifteen this morning.

I've been able to achieve some success in my efforts to gain the attention of the ministry of education. I have also had some success with various software companies, so greater information is at my disposal... some of it too technical for me!! Are we ready for XML uploads to OnSIS—I told you they like acronyms! I've also been successful in finding a potential vendor for a student management system (SMS) that might be suitable for our small schools. I hope to complete this investigation and come to a decision by June.

Wendy and I have continued our gym activities, and we both feel some progress is being made. In fact, I've lost twenty-three pounds this week—roughly three every night that I've regained the next day! So, in total, I've gained/lost nothing!

Erin and Kristian are progressing fine. Erin goes in for her laser surgery next Thursday (19th), but is not expected to need hospitalization. Haaken & Liam are enjoying their new beds and refurbished room.

Eric & Erica are carrying on with their work, and their family. Eric plays hockey each Friday evening. The game is usually continued at a local donut shop until the early/late hours of the night!

Trav continues with his university classes and work. His car broke down this week, but it was easily fixed.

We are always glad to hear news from others living in one of the variety of communities that are in our past. Who knows, they could be in our future as well.

And that's how it's been this week at Lake Superior, where the women are strong, the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Don't you mean where the women are hot? the men smell and the children are like little elves???

Maybe that's YK that I'm thinking of!
Thanks for the blog, kinda fun but I edit meyself all too much, that's why so many empty days in my blog, that and the dial-up. catch ya later. Kara