Wednesday, January 25

Back to Africa

Some of the most extraordinary experiences of my life took place during the four years I spent in Zambia. The work was fulfilling and extraordinarily educational. I can only wish that the Zambians had learned as much as I learned during my time there! I guess they were better teachers than I!

However, we're planning to go back! We hope to go there for about a month this summer. We are filled with anticipation. We are looking forward to seeing many friends who will make the trip with us, and we're really looking forward to seeing all our Zambia friends once again. We are planning to help the community schools in the area around Kalomo. There are also plans for HIV/AIDS education of the community health workers. In general, we hope to be of encouragement to our friends there. In the final analysis, I'm guessing that the greatest encouragement will occur for the group that is travelling back to Africa! But we'll do our best for the Zambians, too.

No comments: