Saturday, June 24

News Update

It's been a busy week here on the shore of Lake Superior. Wendy has me doing many errands in preparation for the wedding next Saturday. The garage has been cleaned out, and some stuff has been disposed of, while other stuff has found a new storage location. She has activated two of our fridges that are stored in the garage, as she needs more capacity for the wedding cake and other wedding preparations. Travis also has me helping with preparation of the house. We manage to complete installation of his new pedestal sink; we also install a fancy-dancy mirror. Sylvia and he have repainted the bathroom as well. I also work on his wireless system and finally manage to get that going after downloading new drivers from an internet source.

I find a little time for golfing with Eric, and another round with some local people I was placed with when I arrived as a 'walk-0n'. Both rounds were satisfactory; my iron play seems much improved, and the three-wood is keeping me in play off the tee most of the time. I scored 83 and 81. Always, it seems, there are places where I feel I could do much better, and places where I feel I have escaped with several saved strokes!

I get the pool filled and operating. I have installed a make-shift pool-heater by adding some garden hose into the filtration cycle. This seems to gradually assist in raising the temperature. I also get more yard work done, and continue my battle with the weeds and undergrowth.

Erin and Kristian are continuing to keep each other occupied, although lately, I think Kristian is winning the activity war! He gets around much more quickly now with his crawling, and sometimes terrifies his mother with what he can get into!

My computer is expected back tomorrow. It will sport a new hard drive. I still have no news on how much, if any, of my files can be restored.

And that's the kind of week it has been.

No comments: