Tuesday, June 6

Golf Saskatchewan

Back in Saskatchewan, I manage a golf game with the Olson brothers: Brent, Mark and Wayne. Wayne plays his usual steady game, with the usual collection of, "Oh Wayne... oh Wayne!", and the occasional, "Oh Wayne, you dummy!", but he still scores in the low 80's and blows the rest of us away. I do not play well, and eventually stagger in with 89. I am at a loss to understand my wayward shooting. I am hitting both to the left and right, and even occasionally down the centre just to confuse my corrections!

Today, I head out to the course to try to work out the kinks. Everything is working well during my short time before the rain moves in; now, I'm really confused. I shall try to get some more practice time this week, before an expected golf date next Saturday in Winnipeg. As always, hope springs eternal.

No comments: