Saturday, June 3

News Update

We have had another week, but it has not been all spent on the shore of Lake Superior.

Monday and Tuesday were very busy as we completed necessary tasks before setting out for the prairies. On Wednesday morning, we packed up the car and set off for Winnipeg. Erin and Kristian were travelling with us. We enjoyed dinner and the night at Tom & Mariette's. Then on Thursday we drove out to Dauphin. Sounds rather uneventful, doesn't it? However, somewhere west of Dryden I suffered from the problem of too much thinking time while driving along. And I casually mentioned to Wendy, "You know, I can't remember putting the computer into the trunk!" Sure enough, when we got to Winnipeg and we checked the trunk‹no computer. So, I phoned my helpful daughter in Thunder Bay, and it seemed like no time before she called back to say the computer was on the bus and would be in Winnipeg in the morning. And it was; it was a great relief to have it back in my possession. Thank you, Erica! You don't know what a special gift you have of getting things accomplished. I value and count on that a great deal.

Once we got to Dauphin, I went to check on the '67 Cougar. The body shop considered it complete, but I demurred. I pointed out some imperfections on the trunk lid, and they agreed to repaint it. I should be ready on Friday morning. Well one delay followed another and I finally got it about 2pm on Friday. In the meantime we enjoyed our time in Dauphin. Dick and Sue Kirkpatrick treated us to a fine meal, and we retired to Mabel Bailey's for the night. We enjoyed getting caught up with her on the subject of her
recent tour in Africa.

On Friday evening and Saturday I took part in a men's weekend at Kenosee Lake, while Wendy proceeded to Regina with Erin and Kristian. I plan to drive up to Regina on Sunday afternoon.

And that's the kind of week it's been.

No comments: