Saturday, May 27

News Update

We have had another week here on the shore of Lake Superior.

It has been quite busy as we try to finish a few items on the 'to do' list before leaving for the prairies next week. My health has continued shaky as my coughing continues. I finally gave in and spent a day in bed, and I felt some better, but the last couple of nights have been noisy again—I don't know how Wendy gets any sleep either!

I finished up some items of work, but there are still a couple outstanding. I hope to get them done in the next couple of days... I managed to get out golfing a few times, and scored my first sub-eighty round on a regular course on Victoria Day. I've had two 82's since then; I start well, but fade badly on the back nine. I'm thinking that I either get mentally tired, or just lazy and lose my focus... then my shots become wayward! (Could be a sermon illustration there!) Wendy and I also managed a bit of work in the back yard. We finally repaired the fence (It was broken down when a large tree fell.), and also did some brush clearing and cleanup. I have assembled materials, but still haven't begun building the trellis/arbor/sunshade.

Erin has posted a number of new photos of Kristian. Check them out at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristianleif/

Erica and Liam enjoyed a fly-in trip to Collins. Liam caught a couple of trout, and brought one back to show us. Nice fishing!

And that's the kind of week it's been.

No comments: