Monday, May 22

Seventy-nine!

Well, I finally did it. I almost blew it, but I hung on at the end. Actually, I was flailing away at the end! I had a very good front nine—one over par, but then I started the back nine with three bogies. The pressure was telling! However, I righted the ship with four pars, and when I came to seventeen, I knew it was within reach. So, I promptly double-bogied seventeen, for my first double of the day. And followed it up by doubling eighteen! I hadn't even dared to check the score card after seventeen, I was already feeling enough pressure. Fortunately, when I added it all up... ta da... seventy-nine! I have broken 80 before on short courses, but this is my first on a regular course. I have also reduced my handicap to 13.2, and I'm looking to improve that further. My goal is to get my handicap down to single digits. My golf coach is promising a seven-stroke improvement, and I was at 13.9, so we'll see if he's up to the challenge!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Congrats!