Saturday, May 20

News Update

We have survived another week here on Lake Superior. It has been a hectic one, as we've been in preparations for the fortieth anniversary of our congregation here. Wendy has been particularly busy, as she enjoys painting, and is very particular about it. The church building has been reorganized, repainted and cleaned thoroughly in anticipation of our visitors this weekend.

The weather has been very pleasant; pollen is in the air; I am continuing to suffer from hayfever and the resulting coughing fits. I worked through ten days of Aerius, but it didn't prove to be particularly beneficial. I'm back on chlor-tripolon again. I hope the problem will ease soon. I was able to get out for two rounds of golf at the Municipal course. It's one of the courses on my golf membership, but it's on a very sandy base, so it dries out quickly after rains. It's also an easier course, with only one par three and one par five per nine holes. Anyway, I managed an 81 and a 78. Of course this should be cause for celebration, but I don't regard the Muni as a worthy test, so I don't accept breaking 80 there! We're hoping to try Chapelles on Monday; it should be dried out by now!

I was flew over to Sudbury on Monday for workshops with a Dr. Bernhardt on using data to understand how we're doing in schools. It was pretty good. I got back here late Tuesday night. Otherwise, I've been working on the few items left on my work plate. I've pretty well used up my days for the year, but I still have a few things to complete, so I'll continue working a few more days yet. Then I'm off until we get back from Zambia.

Everyone else is doing fine. The boys are experimenting regularly with their new golf sets, although Haaken has declared a declining interest. "I didn't know that golf was going to require so much focus," he complains! Liam is also playing soccer in the spring league. Eric coaches that team. Kristian continues to grow, develop and amuse us.

And that's the kind of week it's been.

1 comment:

Erica said...

I know - Haaken is very disappointed with the fact that he has to think about it! You'd think his ability to focus on one thing would have helped - but I guess not!

Liam, on the other had, seems to be really enjoying it!