Saturday, June 17

News Update

Another week has passed here on the shore of Lake Superior. We arrived back in Ontario on Monday evening after ten days out west. Work is basically over for me until September, but there are always some small items to keep working on. I have a teleconference with my opposite number from northeastern Ontario. We have agreed on a student management system for our schools and are now trying to arrange training for our secretaries, teachers and principals. This is moving forward well.

I got back to golfing with some reminders from my brother, Tom. He was quite helpful, but would have been more helpful if he had given me the advice before my game with him!! I have been able to achieve some respectable scores this week--78, 82, 83--after the 89 I managed last week with Tom. (I actually scored 91, but had to remove two strokes for handicapping purposes.)

The wedding planning continues apace. In addition to the usual stress, these plans are also bringing no small measure of distress. We hope all will be worked out before the special day. Wendy is working on the wedding cake; this has caused (allowed) a large amount of extra shopping as she looks for just the right pans and display options for this particular cake. She has also been working on bedding plants for the front and back yards. And she has dispatched me to do battle with the weeds! I have also begun work on the setting for the pool. I hope to get it set up next week.

Erin and Kristian keep busy around the edges. Kristian is always finding avenues to engage his cuteness into our activities. Erin managed to get another batch of pictures up on his website:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristianleif/
and it was a good thing as my computer suffered a catastrophic failure! Apparently it got dropped or badly jarred while the hard drive was reading/writing and the hard drive is toast. I have passed it along to my friend to see whether anything can be salvaged, and to get the hard drive replaced. I am mourning a major loss of files. (Why weren't they backed up?!)

Special events are the order of the day at school, so Haaken and Liam are involved in trips and special days, and kindergarten graduation. They are also getting ready for their starring roles in the wedding.

And that's the kind of week it has been.

No comments: