Saturday, July 1

News Update

Happy Canada Day!

It's been another busy week here on the shore of Lake Superior. We have a lot of things to complete or get ready for the big wedding on Saturday. Wendy is building the wedding cake, and a wondrous sight it is. We are hosting a large crew here for a barbecue after the rehearsal on Saturday. And we have some additional house guests as well. All in all, it's a busy but good week. I'll prepare another post on the wedding as soon as I have some pictures ready to post.

I do manage to sneak in some golf and I also buy a couple of new drivers. I trade in my old driver, and now have two of the newer, big-headed variety to try out. Surely one of these can get me further into trouble. And no, I didn't say hard-headed... that's the golfer, not the equipment!

I get more of the yard work done, and begin building a walkway around the pool. The completion of that task will have to wait for another year, as the installation of the pool will need to be upgraded first.

Erin and Kristian both experience some sickness this week. Erin comes down with food poisoning after eating at a local restaurant. We get her to the hospital, and they get her rehydrated with four litres of IV fluids. She seems to be recovering well. Kristian comes down with a bout of thrush, so he's on medication now, and seems to be coming around fine.

My computer is still not back, so I'm still in mourning over that! Our preparations for Zambia can begin in earnest now that the wedding is accomplished.

And that's the kind of week it has been.

No comments: