Saturday, July 8

News Update

Another week draws to a close here on the shore of Lake Superior. The wedding accomplished, Travis & Sylvia are travelling south of the border this week, and are expected back this weekend.

I have also travelled some this week. On Wednesday, I flew over to Sudbury where representatives from our company met with our counterparts from northeastern Ontario to plan the professional development program for the next school year. I returned on Friday evening. The sessions went well.

I also managed a couple of golf games this week. On Sunday afternoon, Tom, Eric, Chris and I checked out the Whitewater Golf course here in Thunder Bay. It was a difficult experience, as the greens were faster than I was used to, and I also found them very tricky to read. I was also spraying the ball off the tee, so I was frequently in trouble and eventually staggered in with a 95. After corrections for triples, I posted a 92 for handicap purposes. Tom scored, as he described it, "The best of a bad lot!" He also found the course quite challenging, and the rough impossible. Later, I golfed with Eric back at Chapples, and that went better (84), as I was able to reduce my swing to merely Herculean proportions. I have concluded that golfing with a brother tends to bring out undue stress and very undue swing speeds!!

Wendy has spent time recovering from the exertions of the wedding preparations all the while continuing preparations for our next venture, i.e. to Zambia. We are scheduled to fly out of here next Saturday, the 15th! I shall try to post on Friday evening, and then as often as possible from Zambia while we spend the next month there.

Kristian continues to develop and grow. He is getting around famously, and driving his mother to distraction—the answer to a mother's curse!!

Liam and Haaken are enjoying summer holidays and a few special activities that come with the freedom from the school schedule. Haaken has taken to making movies, with a new release almost every day! Liam participates in some of the movies as a star, or a producer, or an extra, but he enjoys spending a lot of time outdoors riding his bike as well. The pool is in full operation in the back yard (along with a small one for Kristian), but they're not being used that much despite the thirty plus temperatures. We are really enjoying the newly installed air conditioning!

And that's the kind of week it's been.

No comments: