Saturday, July 17

News Update

This week has been spent in Regina, near the shore of Wascana, but far from the shore of Lake Superior and my hometown. We've been enjoying good weather here with only a couple of days that got too hot for my comfort. Golf practice has gone well, but I didn't manage to work in a game this week. Investment work has continued to be challenging, as I finally got ready to buy by the end of Thursday only to have Friday be a down day, so I stayed out. I've returned to the discipline of technical investments, but it demands more patience than I usually have! We ended the week enjoying the Open golf championship and the Rider win over Edmonton to improve to 3-0 in the young season.

Wendy has me employed as landscape engineer while she is enjoying redoing her dad's front yard. We cut and removed much vegetation that was overgrowing the place, and are now replacing it with new plants. It's starting to take shape, and I've learned that landscape engineer means running the chain saw, pruning shears and shovel!

David left this week for a holiday in his newly acquired van. All is going well, and he's made it to the Island now, so he'll have to turn around soon!

We get regular video conferences with Erin via computer. Kristian is now able to carry on chats with her, so that's an encouraging development for him. We are quite pleased with his vocabulary development. He's doing well, and has also acquired several more Lego vehicles for his set—I don't know whether Kristian or his grandma enjoys the toys more!

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: