Friday, July 23

Golf 2010 Day 2

The weather did not fully cooperate today, for the first time in eleven years, and the afternoon round had to be suspended for a couple of hours to let the rain storm blow through. Eventually we got back on the course to complete that round in the evening. I played only in the morning round, as I find I get too crippled up by 36 holes in a day, and I wished to be still able to golf on Saturday! I played with Kent in the morning better ball format. We were matched up against an American team that featured the fellow who had posted the best score on Thursday, so we knew we had our work cut out for us. Kent played really well, scoring 76, and I also played really well, scoring 83. We took a one-up lead through nine holes, but frittered it away early in the back, and found ourselves two down after 13. However, I was able to win the next two holes and then Kent put us ahead to stay. We won 2 and 1 on the seventeenth hole. It was a very exciting match.

In sum, the Canadian teams swept the morning better ball matches and opened a 5-0 lead. The Americans came back a bit in the afternoon, so at the end of day 1, we led 7-3.

Despite the rain, it was a wonderful day. We enjoyed another group meal in the evening, and most of us hit the beds early.

No comments: