Saturday, March 25

News Update

I'm back travelling this week. Wes and I drove up to Nakina on Monday and worked in that school. I am mainly working with principals and secretaries at the schools. Then on Tuesday I continued my work with the Secretary-Treasurer of the school board. This all went well. We stayed in a Bed & Breakfast in Geraldton. It was okay. We drove down to Longlac on Tuesday afternoon, and stayed in a dodgy (Wes's term) motel there. The rooms were tiny and dingy. I think their view of "smoke-free" meant removing the ashtray from the room! The room and blankets are smoky, and I spend a congested night. We determine to move elsewhere, but nothing else in town has a vacancy. We decide we will finish our work in Caramat and drive back to Thunder Bay a day ahead of schedule. I have a conference in Thunder Bay on Thursday and Friday. That goes fine.

The weather is becoming very spring-like. The snow is disappearing, and we are all enjoying getting out for walks more often. Kristian and BJ really enjoy the outdoors, but BJ gets pretty muddy some trips!

We're all doing pretty well! Erin has gone through a session of strep throat, and Greg has it now.

Anyway, that's the way it's gone this week!

No comments: