Thursday, March 16

Computer Woes3

The saga continues as I take my Toshiba laptop back to Futureshop where I bought it. I am not amused that they do not recall the same warranty regulations that I do.
"I would like a loaner while you're fixing this, or sending it back to Toshiba, or whatever you're going to do."
"We don't have any loaners."
"But you told me you would give me a loaner if I bought the three-year service plan... "
"I'm quite sure the salesman did not say that you could have a loaner."
"And how long will you have to keep it."
"We won't be keeping it at all, you need to take it to Microage."
"But I didn't buy it from Microage."
"Well, they're the only Toshiba certified repair depot in Thunder Bay."

Microage has heard of the Toshiba problems, and they do accept the laptop. They obviously have the required expertise and parts to effect the repairs as well. They keep it only for the afternoon, and I pick it up at 5pm. And it's been working for two days straight!

Well, perhaps this story will have a satisfactory ending, but, just the same, next week, I'll be taking my iBook on the school visitations.

No comments: