Saturday, May 25

Rehab Complete!

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather has been variable with a big rain all day on Wednesday dumping about 30 mm on us. That should help our local streams, rivers and lakes which are running low after the meagre winter snowfall. Otherwise the days have been mostly sunny, but Thursday and Friday were cool. I got out for golf on Tuesday, and that went okay. I had 2 pars and 7 bogies. I had two drives over 200, with my best at 223. And better news, I felt no worse for wear the next day. I have spent most of my spare time this week working on Travis's lawnmower. It has been refusing to begin the new season after he ended last year on a stump. Anyway, I figured the first problem would be timing, and an inspection of the flywheel confirmed that. Once I got that reset, it would fire and run for a few seconds, but then die. I ended up cleaning the carb three times before becoming convinced the fuel supply was the second issue! So, fresh non-ethanol fuel, and one more carb cleaning et voilĂ , we have it back in operation. I had my final physio session on Friday, and I've been discharged on my own recognizance. Our choral practices are over for the summer, but Wendy continues with her Sweet Adelines practices and business. The markets have been mixed all week, but continue to push to new record highs on the strength of the USA economy—thanks Uncle Joe! The Blue Jays continue to struggle and there are rumblings of players being traded! C'mon Jays! Let's play ball! In the NHL playoffs, my Oilers managed to eke out a game seven win and move on to the next round. They're playing Dallas this round and are holding their own despite Dallas being favoured to win it. In the East, the Rangers are in quite a battle with the favoured Florida team. I don't like the Panther style of hockey, so I'm cheering for the Rangers and hoping for the upset there as well. 

Erica writes, "It’s the Prince Albert Rotary’s annual Lobsterfest fundraiser this weekend. So I’m busy with setting up, last minute duties, and attending the event. Liam and his girlfriend Mercedes is coming up for the event. It will be a fun evening! Eric has finished his teaching duties with the University of Lethbridge and is now taking a short course on play therapy. It’s almost like he enjoys learning! Greg is doing better, which is good because his wedding is next weekend! We will be picking up Haaken and Liam and driving out to Kenora for the celebration."

Erin and Kristian are mostly in regular activities this week. They did have one special night out for a film by the Deaf Crows Collective. They got to visit with a lot of his teachers from over the years. Then, on Thursday night, Kristian had bowling with the Glen Elm youth group—the windup activity for the school year. 

Travis and Joanna remain busy with their work. The renos are mostly complete and some of the new furnishings are in place. They are still waiting on the arrival of a new sofa set. We celebrated the May Long weekend at their place with a barbecue supper and a few games of Fast Track on Monday evening. This also allowed us to break in their new dining set. 

And that's about it for this week. 

No comments: