Saturday, September 25

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my home town. The weather is definitely cooling as the season has changed and the trees are taking on Autumn colours. Wendy spent most of the week up in Kenora with the grandsons there. Eric/A enjoyed a trip down to TO as Erica had a conference in Guelph. Wendy had some interesting adventures there, and drove back home on Friday afternoon. I prepared the lawn for over-seeding, but with rainy weather late in the week, I didn't get the seeding done. Perhaps, I'll manage tomorrow. I had another roller-coaster week in the market as I was up 1% on Monday, but lost it later in the week, only to manage some recovery on Friday. Today, we had an all day meeting of the church leadership team, and that was quite productive in clarifying our situation. The week ended on a high note as the Riders came back from a 15 point deficit to defeat Hamilton; and, since Calgary lost this week, that pulls us to just one game back of first place. The weather cleared off today for a beautiful day, but now they're predicting frost tonight, so that may be the end of my garden. I've covered the tomatoes, so I hope they'll survive. My back has improved from very tender last weekend to pretty solid this weekend; I'm hoping to try golf next week.

Wendy enjoyed her week up in Kenora. She was glad to see the renovations proceeding on the house there, and enjoyed spending time with the boys.

Erin and Kristian had a few extra items on their schedule this week as one of Kristian's hearing aids broke so that needed replacement. He was also invited to another birthday party; he's very popular in his class. Then there was speech-therapy, and as things were so busy, they weren't even able to take in his IEP meeting, so they'll try to catch up next week!

Trav has his usual occupation with work, but the big stuff this week was his hockey team. He and his fellow coaches have been spending lots of time scouting the available players, and this week they drafted their team for this season. Trav was quite satisfied with the players they manage to get.

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: