Saturday, September 18

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather has continued to be very comfortable with a few showers. I am thinking I should do the lawn over-seed in the coming week. The garden continues to produce for us. I've harvested lots of tomatoes, more spaghetti squash than we can begin to eat, and a few zucchini. The squash have almost been killed off by the leaf fungus now, and I see the pumpkin vines have caught it as well. I had a pretty good week with my back until this afternoon when I must have done something wrong as it's really hurting tonight and I'm back on the ibuprofen. I had a great investment day on Monday, gaining 1%, but the rest of the week was not good, and I lost over half of it! The Riders had an embarrassing blowout loss to Winnipeg on Sunday, but revived our hopes with an overtime victory last night over Calgary. Today, we celebrated the tenth anniversary for our friends, George & Karen; Eric led them in the confirmation of their vows, and we had a lovely supper with their family and friends.

The big event this week was Kristian's fifth birthday. He enjoyed an extended celebration that lasted all week long. First off, we sang Happy Birthday while he contributed his five dimes to the church Bible fund on Sunday. Then, he celebrated at his day care on Thursday, and with us on Thursday evening. On Friday they celebrated his birthday at school, and finally, today, Eric/A & Haaken; Travis, Joanna & Andrew; Erin; Tom, Charlene & Calvin; Shelly & Kaden; Grandma & Grandpa celebrated his birthday all over again. As I write, the living room is completely infested with Lego!

Wendy and I have heard nothing on our job applications. We're remaining patient. Wendy plans to spend the next week in Kenora, taking care of those grandsons, while I remain here to be available for Kristian when he gets off school.

Erin and Travis are continuing with their usual job commitments and both are doing fine. Travis has begun the hockey season and is scouting prospects for his team.

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: