Saturday, September 4

News Update

We're into September here on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather has changed this week, as we spent the first few days in 30+ degree heat and the comfort of air conditioning and ended the week in cool, rainy, blustery weather, thankful for the protection of a warm house. It's Labour Day weekend, traditionally the end of summer holidays, so back-to-school thoughts occupy many. Haaken and Liam are already back to school; Kristian is scheduled to begin on Wednesday. It's been a good week in the markets, and I've continued to catch up from my losses early in the summer. September is traditionally a bad month for investors, so I shall play it carefully. The Riders play tomorrow in their traditional Labour Day match against Winnipeg. We'll be cheering! My back continues to bother me, and I'm continuing with the therapy, but improvement is slow, so, it's another week without golf.

The garden is producing well. I have begun harvesting squash, and tearing up the fungus infected vines. The tomatoes are really producing now, but the beans and peas are pretty much done. We've had a lot of rain the last couple of days, so everything's looking pretty green. I am getting ready for the Fall over-seed on the front lawn; the eco-grass likes cool wet weather for germination.

Wendy and I have each applied on jobs recently, so we're hoping for something to develop there. I applied to drive school bus, and I've also applied on a data project–both hold the promise of lots of free time to continue my main work of investing.

Erin works some on her new assignment each day. The transition will be gradual over the next while. Her replacement has been hired, but is still receiving training.

Travis remains busy with work, but also managed a trip down to Duluth this week.

And that's about it for now.

No comments: