Saturday, August 28

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my home town. The weather has continued to be beautiful and my garden is thriving. Unfortunately the fungus has returned to the vines, so I may just take what they've produced so far, and pull up the vines. I suspect there's a chem-lab solution to this as well, but I'm trying to avoid that. So far it has only affected the squash, so pulling them up may save the pumpkins and cucumbers. Wendy has me cutting the back lawn after two months of letting it grow freely. I'm trying to gradually get it down to ordinary lawn length, but it takes time. I've cut it six times in the last week, and there are still some adjustments to go!

It's been another violent ride on the markets, but Friday's big gain has the TSX back into positive territory for the year and allowed me to gain over 1.5% for the week, so I'm catching up a bit. I've continued to get help with my back, and even got out one evening to hit a few balls—a half dozen was enough to know that it was not ready yet. Calgary won their game last night, so with the Rider's loss tonight in Edmonton, first place is a distant memory.

Liam & Haaken have been here all week, so it's been a special whirlwind of activity around here. Kristian has been enjoying Lego and cartoons morning, noon and night! Grandma has also had the crew out for trips to the park, marina and pools. Eric/A arrived last night, so we're having a family reunion! It's nice to have the house full again.

Erin has been getting more details of her promotion and is looking forward to that. She'll be working at both locations at various times of her work week, and gradually moving into the main office.

Trav has continued development of his own business while also working full bore at his job, so he's pretty busy most days. It's going well.

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: