Saturday, November 29

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior. It's been quite busy, as I've been working another contract as Territorial Student Counsellor all week. The weather has been varied, with a few skiffs of snow, followed by melting temperatures. A little snow that fell on Friday still lingers, partially masking the dying lawns.

I have been completing two assignments for the Territorial Student Program. I have been working as replacement counsellor for twenty days now, and I've been developing a data base of all students in the program to help the regular counsellor operate the program more effectively. Both tasks are now complete, and my final paycheque has been issued. I have my Record of Employment (ROE), so I now qualify for Employment Insurance. I plan to work my way through those regulations next week! Of course, I have continued to field questions as part of my old job as MISA coordinator as the first set of report cards for the year won't write themselves!

Wendy has been disappointed to find out that she didn't get the accounting job she applied for—we were both expecting a positive answer there after we found out her references had been called. She continues to search, and I have applied on a couple of jobs as well. Otherwise, she has undertaken a major house-cleaning—it's not spring, so this must be a Christmas cleaning! She is running a home-based sales enterprise this weekend with Pampered Chef (cookware), Tupperware (plastics), PartyLite (candles) and Mary Kay (cosmetics) covering every available horizontal platform in the dining room, living room and hallway. I retreat to the bedroom or my office!

Erin had Kristian to the audiologist again. Kristian cooperated more with the testing, so they're starting to get some confirmation of a hearing loss. He'll be back for further testing next week, and a consideration of remedies. He continues to be a delight, and is particularly devoted to his Cars movie. I think I've seen it three times this week!

Travis celebrated his twenty-seventh birthday on Thursday. He continues to do well in his work and his education. One of his contracting bosses took him out for lunch this week.

And that's the kind of week it's been.

No comments: