Saturday, November 1

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior. We have spent the week here in Thunder Bay, and despite the excitement of Hallowe'en it is a pretty quiet week.

I am working on a few different projects this week. I have been asked to prepare a project design for data work in my usual batch of schools. This will entail exporting their data from each student management system data base, and preparing it for analysis within TinkerPlots (data exploration software). My blog has also aroused interest from a contact farther afield, so I am beginning to think about a small workshop there in the new year—pie is promised! The Territorial Student Program has expressed interest in my building a data base for them to track the high school students from the small communities. So, all of those catch my interest and consume some time. In addition, I carry on with my usual work of supporting the school secretaries as they prepare for the first major reporting of the year. OnSIS reporting is done with October 31st data each year, so those reports are now open. The weather has been nice so I even got over to the golf course on Thursday, but too many other people had the same idea, so I decided not to wait long enough to get on. If the weather continues like this, I may try next week.

Wendy has continued to work around home taking care of us all. She has also had some success with a recent job application and is scheduled for an interview. She continues with workouts at the Athletic Club fairly regularly. She also manages some day care each Saturday afternoon in support of a parenting program at church.

Hallowe'en was a big time for Kristian and Erin. Both were in costume and he really got into it. After the first couple of houses, she could barely keep up. Then grandpa spent the rest of evening helping him access more and more candy! Luckily it was a Friday night—he may be un-wired by Monday!

Travis has progressed through a series of midterm deadlines successfully and continues to work and study and play hockey.

And that's the kind of week it's been.

No comments: