Saturday, November 15

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior, where the women are strong, the men are handsome, and all the children are above average. I have spent part of the week in Toronto at a conference. That, like most conferences, was a mixed bag. Some sessions were good, a couple even great, while others couldn't even convince me to stay in the room!

I also continued (possibly completed) the work on the database project for the territorial student program. I'll be installing and using that next week. I have a couple of small projects yet to do, but my official work is completed and my final paycheque was this Thursday! Now, I will take my ROE (Record of Employment) to EI (Employment Insurance) and try to collect back some of all those fees I've paid over the years! Wendy (and certain other family members) have dedicated themselves to finding me a new job and thus preclude my receipt of EI Benefits!

I got most of my stitches out on Wednesday before heading to Toronto, and then had to return to the doctor this morning to get the final one out. The wound seems to be healing up appropriately, although since it is in the middle of my back, I can't really give an authentic opinion on that!

Wendy has continued the employment process throughout the week. Her references are being called, so we're encouraged to think that this is progress. She also has been caring for Kristian most of the week as he's been kicked out of day care for having conjunctivitus (pink eye). He seems to be well again, so should head back to day care on Monday.

Erin and Travis have continued with their usual responsibilities and interests.

Eric/A and the boys are here this weekend, so we've taken the option of celebrating Kristian's birthday again this evening. It makes for a boisterous household!

Anyway (anyways as they say in TBay—Yikes!), that's about the kind of week it's been.

No comments: