Saturday, June 28

News Update

Another week has passed as we begin a sojourn away from the shore of Lake Superior. We started off on Monday afternoon, and have now progressed as far as Regina. The weather has been good for our travels, except for a rainy day on Friday.

Monday morning found me in a workshop on Change. We investigated a parable called "Our Iceberg is Melting" and considered what we may need to do in the light of the changes that are imminent in our work situation. I guess this is particularly pertinent for me as the MISA program is ending (on August 31st), and I don't know what to do next. Shucks, I haven't even figured out what I want to be when I grow up!

On Monday afternoon, we headed west and drove as far as Kenora where we enjoyed the evening and night with Eric/A and the boys. We got to see their newly purchased house, although they aren't scheduled to take possession until the end of July. It's beautiful and on a beautiful location as well. Check it out at: http://client.rlp.imprev.net/27538/156065/

On Tuesday we continued the trip to Regina, although a frantic phone call from one of my schools required us to stop and access the internet in Winnipeg. Fortunately, Tom & Mariette were home, so we managed a short visit, a nice lunch and some online problem-solving. Thanks! We finally rolled into Regina about supper time.

The remainder of the week in Regina has found us involved in reclamation and repair projects. Rich has been redoing the back deck, so we helped a bit with that. I dug out my '67 Cougar, got it running again, and began applying the spit and polish! We also need to decide what to do about it as it has been in Erin's name as a Saskatchewan Antique, but now that she has moved her residency to Ontario, changes must be made.

On the golf side of life, I purchased two hybrid clubs that will hopefully replace my five-wood and my three-iron, but what they can actually do won't be known until I get some practice time in with them. I managed a bit of golf practice during the week, and finally a game this morning. That went okay, although my tee shots were erratic! I managed a +11 which is about right for me. My short game and putting were functioning well.

We have managed to Skype with Erin and Kristian back in Thunder Bay, and also with Eric/A in Kenora, but otherwise we have little to report from that side of the family. Next week we continue our trip west to British Columbia and look forward to our time in the Okanagan.

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: