Saturday, June 21

News Update

Another week around home here on the shore of Lake Superior. The weather has smartened up and I got a lot of projects finished in the back yard. Next week, we plan to begin our summer trip, so deadlines loomed!

Father's Day began the week, and I enjoyed having a family dinner, and receiving a new, LARGE print, New Living Translation, Study Bible from my children and their spouses. Aside from being perfect, it was just what I wanted. My little paperback is getting a bit tattered, and the font seems to shrink each week!

Work also made progress as the last of my schools got signed off for the March reports (timely, since June reporting period opened on Monday!), only missing my expectation by a couple of months! The Ministry expects the March reports signed off by the end of June, but I expected them to be done by the end of April. Indeed some were completed in the first week of April. So, I've been getting people started on the June Reports. It's the biggest amount of data, but if they've kept their data up to date and clean, the reporting is very straightforward; which represents—in the case of my problem school—very bad news indeed!

I got the pool deck finished, the pool base filled and smoothed and the pool filled with water. I installed a new heating line, so I'm hoping that allows a better temperature control. I also got the landscaping upgraded and the remainder of the cedars installed, complete with drip irrigation. Wendy got bedding plants, and we got those installed. My garden is progressing, although I don't have as much variety as last year. I hope to get another batch of radishes planted before we leave.

I got out for a golf game with John on Thursday. There was some progress, but I faltered badly toward the end: 42-47-89. My handicap remains at 12.7, but with these results it may start climbing soon.

Kristian and Erin are doing fine. Erin has been continuing her house-hunting. I'm hoping she'll look closer to home! We'd have a hard time being without Kristian at this point, and we enjoy having Erin around, too!! Kristian is picking up new words each week, and seems to be making quite an effort to communicate.

Trav & Sylvia were over on Father's Day of course, and were also here for supper last night. Trav continues to hope for more work over the summer. They both had dental work yesterday, so they weren't feeling too comfortable.

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: