Saturday, June 7

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior, and, as I have now completed my school tours, I was able to spend most of the week here. The weather had turned nice and we're certainly enjoying that. Hay fever season is upon me, so I'm sneezing and otherwise reacting!

I managed to get out for my first round of golf in about three weeks on Sunday afternoon. It wasn't pretty, but probably a good reflection of where my game is at right now. I managed only two pars out of a total of 90! Wendy tells me that I need to golf more!!

Wes and I drove up to Armstrong on Monday morning, and worked there Monday and Tuesday. On Tuesday afternoon, we drove back to Thunder Bay, thus completing our set of school visits. Once again the visit was productive, and another school is signed off for OnSIS. I also installed the last of the Tangible Capital Asset monitoring systems.

John and I golfed on Wednesday, and although I managed four pars, the final result was similar—91. Wendy tells me I need to get out golfing more!! My ankle is complaining after each round, but it doesn't seem to swell up now, so I think it is gradually rounding into shape (round is a shape!). I have a lot of work to catch up on in the backyard, so golf time will need to be managed! As I mentioned, Erin bought a slide for Kristian, so I need to get a platform built, and a sandbox built and filled so I can get the slide installed. My grass is growing nicely, but there is lots of landscaping work and pool deck and...

Wendy does a good job of taking care of things at home. This week she's done a fair bit of yard work and also got going again on the kitchen walls. She's scraping the wallpaper off so we can paint them. We also plan some major changes to the layout especially in the dining area. I'm tired already!

Kristian got a good check up on his eyes. The infection has cleared up from his cornea, but we need to continue with applications of the antibiotic to his eyelids for some time yet. He is gradually learning and saying more words. He seems to understand a lot, but doesn't talk much (typical male!!). I managed to get his sandbox built, and the sand has been delivered, but old grandpa ran out of gas, so there's still many wheelbarrow loads to haul!

We enjoyed Sunday dinner (out) with Travis & Sylvia, and also Sunday supper (BBQ here)! I enjoy the Red Wing win of the Stanley Cup, but I think I was the only one in the family cheering for them!

And that's the kind of week it's been.

No comments: