Saturday, July 5

News Update

Another week has passed as we continue our sojourn away from the shore of Lake Superior. This week we headed farther west, and ended up in the Okanagan at John & Marion's.

I enjoyed a long session of golf practice on Monday in Regina. I got a chance to work with my new hybrids, and the results were encouraging. I also spent a lot of time on my short game. Then, on Tuesday, we spent most of the day working on laying laminate flooring in Rich & Sue's condo—soon to become the home for Tori & Sharon. That went pretty well, and then we finished the day with a farewell BBQ for Kenton & Melanie and family. We got to catch up with quite a few people as a result of our attendance at that event.

On Wednesday we headed out to Medicine Hat where we found Jim & Carol in their new house. We got to be the first visitors to enjoy their legendary B & B in that house. On Thursday, we continued west and rolled into Vernon at about 7pm. After supper there, we continued out to John & Marion's where we've enjoyed the remainder of the week.

On Friday, I was able to celebrate our anniversary in another golf game with Randy & Lorraine. It was my first game at the Sunset Ranch course near Kelowna, and it was very enjoyable. My driving was more consistent, and despite some putting challenges I managed a respectable 88. Although it is a tough walk, I managed it without much discomfort and my ankle did not swell up. My motorized cart performed well.

People have begun gathering for the 25th Anniversary celebrations for John & Marion. This made Saturday a full day with a large crowd gathered at the house. We tried to remember all the people we had met over the years, and keep track of the new faces as well. It was a good time.

Erin has been keeping track of the house, grandson and dog back in Thunder Bay. Eric/A and the boys are down there this weekend as Eric is picking up one of the GoldWings. Travis has picked up some extra work delivering pizza.

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: