Saturday, May 24

News Update

As the week begins, the Victoria Day long weekend is in place with Eric/A and the boys here on the shore of Lake Superior. We enjoy a family barbecue—my first try at barbecuing a roast on the rotisserie. The weather is cool and rainy early in the week, and by the time it turns nice and sunny for this weekend, I'm suffering from a cold.

Wes and I are on the road beginning Tuesday morning. We spend Tuesday and Wednesday in Nakina. Things are going well there. I get the OnSIS report completed and signed off; I make a presentation on data analysis. I get their Assets Management program going. Then we move on to Longlac on Wednesday evening in preparation for two days in Caramat. This is one of our smallest schools. We temper our presentations and try to provide whatever help we can. On Friday afternoon, we drive back to Thunder Bay.

By the time I get home, I'm suffering from a cold, so I go straight to bed and remain there for Saturday as well. It's a shame as the weather is now beautiful and I should be out golfing! And there's plenty of yard work waiting in the back yard as well.

Wendy has continued the improvement process while I've been gone. She has had the pavement repaired in the driveway, and has purchased stain to redo the decks in the back. I have two more weeks of travel, so I hope she gets that done before I'm off the road! The new lawn is coming up nicely, and I am looking forward to how it turns out. With it being a newly landscaped area, I'm sure there will be plenty of dandelions and other weeds competing with my new grass.

Erin and Kristian are doing well. Sylvia and Travis took a few days to enjoy a resort along the shore of Lake Superior, just across the border a short distance.

And that's the kind of week it's been.

No comments: