Saturday, July 7

Pryder Cup 2

Day two activity moves us to the Dauphin Lake course, where we start round three under threatening skies. The format is better ball and I am teamed with my old friend, Dick. It is a great relief to be playing much better. Perhaps my fretting and problem-solving through the night are paying off! More likely the calming influence of my friend allows me to get my head together. It is well said that golf is mainly played 'between the ears'!!
At any result we win both points fairly comfortably--but the great feeling for me is that I am playing some decent golf once again. Our teammates continue to pitch a virtual shutout and we head to the final round with an insurmountable lead of 13.5 to 2.5.
The afternoon features the singles matches. Although we play in foursomes, the match is against one person from the other team. I am delighted to find that my refound game has continued into the afternoon, so I am able to score well and win my point 6 and 5. Randy, my playing partner in the group has a harder time of it, but finally wins on seventeen--2 and 1. Likewise our teammates continue to dominate winning six of the eight matches for a final score of 19.5 to 4.5.
It was a great experience despite my poor play on Friday and I hope to play in the event on another occasion if the chance should arise.

No comments: