Saturday, June 16

News Update

And a beautiful week passes on the serene shore of Lake Superior.

As alluded to, we are experiencing beautiful spring weather, and have been blissfully free of bugs as well. I got out golfing several times to practise and also managed two games. I played with my friend John on Monday up at Strathcona, and today, I went for a game on my home course. The scores were only satisfactory (88, 87), but I am making a lot of good shots as my new swing continues to grow in consistency. I continue to be blessed with at least a half dozen totally useless shots each round—they don't get me a stroke closer to the hole; they sometimes don't even let me change clubs!

I continue to work sporadically on the Ministry reporting for our schools. We're now up to having nine of the fourteen current with their reporting. I am struggling to get the remainder caught up as the next round is scheduled to open July 2nd.

I have finished building our "Square-foot Gardens", and we have most of them planted. I built them raised off the ground for easier maintenance and use. This is our first try at intensive gardening.

Wendy has continued to struggle with her sore left wing for another week. She's haunting medical and chiropractic doctors, clinics, pharmacies and friends in search of relief. Part way through the week she began wearing my tennis elbow brace and that seems to be helping.

Erin has continued with babysitting all week and also with her studies. Kristian enjoys the time with the kids at the sitting assignment, and really enjoys the outdoors, the playgrounds and the pools. He's now started pedaling his tricycle and especially enjoys that on our newly repaved street.

Today, Eric/A and the boys arrived from Kenora, so we're enjoying them for the weekend.

No comments: