Saturday, April 7

News Update

And another pretty spectacular week draws to a close here on the shore of Lake Superior. We started off the week in springtime with April showers falling on our heads, and end the week in the grips of winter!! It seems that since we had a green Christmas, we are now forced to suffer a white Easter!

I head out to Red Lake on Monday morning, and by the time Tuesday evening comes around we are in a blizzard. Our flight back to Thunder Bay is cancelled, so we stay one extra day in Red Lake. We finally make it back Wednesday evening. Of course this messes up the rest of our weekly travel schedule, so that is postponed and will need to be rescheduled much later. We continue to have travel plans for the next two weeks, and then we'll see how other events tie in.

Since I am back in the office for Thursday, I manage to complete my financial report on year two and send that out for signatures. I still have to complete two other progress reports on the MISA program. Then I will need to build a set of proposals for year three, which has, in fact, already begun!

The driveway is full of heavy, wet snow when I get home Wednesday evening, so that requires a long day of shovelling, scraping and chipping on Thursday. Wendy and I are both pretty exhausted from the effort. Kristian loves playing in all the snow for over an hour while grandma shovells. The sun cleans off the remnants of the driveway, but I expect the lawn will take another week to clear.

Erin, Travis & Sylvia are completing a term of classes with final assignments and exams due. Travis & Sylvia are also highly involved in preparing multimedia presentations for Good Friday and Easter services.

And that's the kind of week it's been. Happy Easter! He's alive!

No comments: