Saturday, April 22

News Update

Well, it's been a busy week here on Lake Superior, so busy in fact, that I did not even enter a single blog on this site! Yikes! And it's not like there's nothing going on in the world!

This week I completed my second round of school visits. I travelled up to Pickle Lake and also visited at Savant Lake. We have schools in each location. Things were going pretty much okay at the schools, but that's only one part of touring. The more hazardous areas are food and lodging. We had found a wonderful restaurant in Red Lake last week, but we were looking forward with some trepidation to what awaited us in Pickle Lake. We tried to put off the disaster by lunching at Ignace on the way up, and planning to lunch there again on the way back. Alas, the inevitable could only be avoided so long! There are no other options for meals in Pickle Lake, but we eventually did discover that there are two different cooks working shifts at the Winston. Thus, if we hurried back for lunch, we managed to get two decent meals before Chef Greasy Spoon took over. Suppers were an unmitigated disaster. We tried a variety of options, but finally considered that our best bet would be to have two pieces of pie and call it a night!

Wendy and I have been contemplating some improvements here at home. We're planning an arbor (aka trellis, pergola) for the deck attached to my office. We've even checked some books out of the library to assist. So, once I get my paperwork caught up, we hope to get it built.

Kristian and Wendy had doctor's appointments this week. The doctor was pleased about Kristian's weight gain, although he's still tall and slim, just like his grandparents! Wendy has continued her gym work with great determination. I've continued my golf lessons with equal determination. I even made it to the driving range today. Let's just say that more work remains to be done!

Eric and Erica have both suffered with illness, and both are on the mend, but not quite well. I have also been suffering some illness, but am feeling pretty well now, except for some coughing.

And that's the kind of week it's been here on Lake Superior...

No comments: