Saturday, April 15

News Update Happy Easter!

We've had another week here on the shore of Lake Superior. I've been travelling most of the week up to Red Lake to visit another of my schools. Red Lake is about six hundred clicks northwest of Thunder Bay. To get there we drove west past Dryden to Vermillion Bay, and then north two hundred clicks. It's a very pretty spot, and I'm looking forward to a return trip in June when I can try out their golf course! The work at the school went very well, but there remains a lot to do as we try to enhance their collection and use of student data.

I got back from Red Lake on Thursday afternoon, and promptly went to bed as I'm feeling the onset of a cold. Both Good Friday and Easter Monday are holidays down here, so I'll have a chance to keep rested over the weekend, and hopefully stop my cold in its tracks (if you can visualize that!). On Saturday we had a lovely Easter weekend luncheon at Trav & Sylvia's new house. Trav is all moved in, but he has been experiencing some breathing difficulties due to an allergic reaction to the house. We suspect it's the cats that lived there before. At any rate, he is finding the need for some antihistamines at least until the place gets cleaned out. The place is looking pretty good so far.

Kristian has had another week of growing! He now has six teeth, and enjoys grinding them together to the chagrin of his mother. She's afraid his face will get stuck in a permanent grimace!
Erica has had a week of battling a cold, so she even had to cancel one of her school visits. Our group works with ten school boards here in northwestern Ontario. Erica provides overall management and accounting for the group. We also have a variety of project officers and consultants who provide educational leadership and support, which is where I come in.

Wendy has continued dedication to her exercise program at the gym. Some days she tries a different exercise or machine and comes home sore! I've pretty much diverted from gym work to outdoor work at the nearby golf course and recreation complex. Now that I've started hitting balls, my golf stroke is not nearly as good as I visualized it!!

Anyway, that's the kind of week it's been.

No comments: