Saturday, April 8

News Update

We've continued to enjoy good weather here on Lake Superior. I made a trip up to Armstrong in the middle of the week to visit the school there. I was disappointed with what I found there as far as technological infrastructure is concerned. It will be necessary to install a school computer network in preparation for greater data storage and use. Then, too, they're looking at staff changes at the end of the year with a new principal and some new teachers expected, so that leads to other kinds of uncertainty.

Travis and Sylvia took possession of their house this week. We helped Travis move in on Saturday. Wendy, Rauni (Sylvia's mom) and Sylvia spent a lot of elbow grease and time getting things cleaned up. The house looks pretty good with mainly hardwood floors both upstairs and down. There is room for development and improvement over time. The back yard is nice and fully enclosed.

I managed to continue my preparation for the golf season with more dry swinging and walking. I also hit a few balls, so that was revealing. I found that when I was looking up to see how the ball was doing, it wasn't doing well! Someone should make a golf tip about that! Other than that, my imaginary play went very well, but with a ball in play—not so good. The courses are drying out well, so I hope they open soon.

Erica travelled out to Red Lake this week and came back with a cold. Erin has also been suffering with a cold, and has not been able to find any medication to take due to her nursing. Kristian is doing well, growing tall and slim. He now has two teeth on the bottom and it looks like four on the top. He likes to grind them together.

And that's the kind of week it's been here.

No comments: