Saturday, April 1

April Showers!

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather has been nice, and we've been able to get out for our regular walks. I've hit my target of 10km easily, and am experiencing little discomfort. The pain has clearly left my legs and my butt, and is now confined to the lower back. I'm informed that this is progress. I still have some neuropathy in the outsides and small toes of my feet. The golf courses are not open yet, and I have not braved the curling ice, but I'm thinking about it! I am back working in the shop most days. I started with some clean up and reorganizing, but that got old quick! There remains much clean up to do out there, and I have many projects awaiting further development as well. The snow has melted away on the deck, so I was assigned to the first barbecue of the year. Wendy keeps very busy with chorus work and practice. The chorus had a performance yesterday, and are in the last weeks of preparation for their international competition in late April. We got the brake pads and rotors replaced on the car this week—pricey! We're expecting a couple of trips west this spring, with the first being just to Winnipeg in the middle of the month for Peggy's memorial service. Then, we're planning a trip to Saskatchewan in May. The markets turned positive this week and I was able to recover over half of my monthly quota—nice! It's the Final Four weekend in Basketball, and with a #4, two #5s and a #9, it's safe to say no one picked these four teams! Since my Jayhawks are out, I've been sticking with UConn, so we'll see how it goes. Tonight, they advanced to the final against San Diego State! MLB has opened on all fronts, and, as the saying goes, "Hope springs eternal!" Everyone is a World Series contender at the moment! NHL is down to the last handful of games. Leafs and Oilers have clinched their spots in the playoffs, but Pens are really on the edge! World's Men Curling championship opened today as well with Gushue winning one, losing the other! I'm a busy spectator! 

Erica writes, "This was a busy week at work. We both put in several late evenings. Other than that, it was a pretty chill week. Last weekend, we saw the Irish Rovers, and then, on Sunday, we enjoyed Liam’s new dance show. It was very good. Liam is starting to raise funds to support his Ministry. He will be working full time with RU, as a minister to the group, and to the youth they minister to. We pray that his fundraising efforts are effective. Haaken and Greg are doing fine."

Erin and Kristian are taking regular or at least frequent treat outings for frozen treats (I guess it's no longer cold in Regina) and restaurant meals. They are also planning the shadow box memorial for Sadie. I have started work on the box. The big news this week for Erin is the arrival of Baseball Season! Her beloved Blue Jays opened with a win, but then lost today. Kristian and the cats are doing fine. 

Travis and Joanna remain very busy with the PuckShot business and Joanna's regular work. Although the hockey season is drawing to a close, they're still pumping out the team photos. We enjoy getting together with them each week for a meal and games night. Gemma remains in Vancouver with Jonas, but is trying to put together plans for schooling in the Fall. Andrew continues to work at Super Store, and is also considering further education in the Fall. 

And that's about enough for this week. 

No comments: