Saturday, April 29

Back to Spring!

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown, and, happily, Spring has returned. The weather turned nicely, and the white rain from last week quickly disappeared. I've been able to get out to the shop regularly, and also out for our walks. I feel my back is making progress, and the main issue currently is finding a comfortable position in bed so I can go to sleep! I have milled the oak in preparation for the shadow box frame, and have prepared a jig for the mitre saw to cut it up. I have prepared two complete samples with softer material; they worked out great, but I am struggling to find the courage to make the mitre cuts in the oak! Wendy returned Sunday night from her chorus trip to Rochester. She enjoyed that, and they performed wonderfully. She continues to be quite busy with the work as treasurer for the chorus, but she enjoys that about as much as the singing! Markets continued to whipsaw this week just as they have been doing for months, but at least the general direction is up, as all indices ended green for the month, and I was able to make quota. I am continuing my stance of only being partially invested in the market while focusing on high dividend stocks, and it's working okay. I have three paper trading scenarios in operation, but only one of them is doing well, so I don't have many options to this point. The curling event this week was from South Korea where the Senior Championships and the Mixed Doubles were contested. Canada won both men's and women's Senior Gold; while USA won the Mixed Doubles Gold. NHL playoffs continue. Some series are completed. We're down to where it's someone's elimination game every night, and the remaining series will end in the next couple of days. I've lost one team so far. Baseball is through the first month, and my Blue Jays are doing well. 

Erica writes, "On Friday, we celebrated Eric’s 53rd with a movie and birthday cake. He heard from Haaken, Liam and Greg. Everyone seems to be doing well. This weekend, we will also celebrate with my work. We have escape rooms and family feud on the schedule. I told Eric it was all for his birthday, but it also might have something to do with the end of tax season."

Erin and Kristian, along with Travis and Joanna had a great week in Florida. They enjoyed the warm weather, the tropical beaches and the various amenities. Kristian and Travis took a side trip to the AEW event over in Miami. Mostly, they just relaxed and took in a few special activities. Erin and Kristian flew home today, but only got as far as Toronto as the delayed flight out of Tampa messed up their connections—sigh! Travis and Joanna are scheduled to return next week. 

There's a dog on my bed!

And that's about it for this week. 

No comments: