Saturday, March 25

Aunt Peggy!

A Lifetime of Service

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. It was quite a varied experience this week, but the shocker was the decline and demise of our dear Aunt Peggy. We were not expecting her to be ill, let alone be hospitalized, intubated, failing and passing. We lament this along with the rest of her extended family and friends. The weather has turned positively salubrious here these last few days, but we had a spring blizzard at the start of the week, and I was recalled for snowblower work! Once again, I'm hoping that was the last call for this year.
That really blows!

Otherwise, it was a quiet week. Wendy had her usual chorus work and chorus practice. She has also made good progress on her business accounting contract. We have managed our regular walking, and I have managed to make my 10 km quota this week for a change! I'm still feeling plenty of discomfort in my back and legs, but I'll keep trying. The markets have continued to be difficult, but I did manage to eke out a small gain. I remain far below quota this month with only one week to go. The mild weather means I have been able to get out to the shop and make some progress on my projects. The sports world continues to attract a lot of my attention. On the weekends it's March Madness where unpredictability reigns. We've now reached the final eight, and for the first time ever not a single #1 seed remains in contention. Since my Jayhawks have fallen out of contention, I've switched my cheering to Creighton and UConn. All week, I've been following the World Women's Curling with Einarson. Kerri and Val have curled inconsistently and they've fallen short of their goal. They'll curl for the bronze medal tomorrow against Sweden. NHL Hockey is down to the final ten games or so and my teams are currently in playoff positions, but the Pens' situation is quite precarious. Oilers have been playing well, winning 7 of their last 10. Leafs won 6/10, while Pens only won 4/10—big win tonight, though! 

Erica writes, "It’s been a pretty quiet week; this weekend is gonna be a party! We are heading to Moose Jaw for the Irish Rovers and to catch Liam’s new RU production. Last weekend, Eric planned a night out with dinner and bowling and I managed to beat him for the first time ever! That must have been his birthday gift to me! We talked to the boys last weekend and everyone seems to be doing fine. That is about it!"

Erin and Kristian had a quiet week in Regina, and after recent events, that was a welcomed thing! Kristian's second semester is well underway, and seems to be running well. The transition continues at Taylor Motors as the main office building is being abandoned, demolished and rebuilt. Erin is working in the Lexus building across the street during the construction. 

Travis and Joanna continue to be quite busy. Joanna's work seems unusually busy due to many organizations hitting year end and wishing to spend their money! We enjoyed pizza supper and games with them last night. The two young dogs have refreshed with hair cuts, but, while Minnie is also needing one, the cutter was reluctant! 

And that's enough for this week. 

No comments: