Saturday, March 4

Spring Again!

Steve Bell in Concert

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown, and we have returned to Spring! Once again, we're enjoying temperatures without that annoying tic mark in front! The driveway has melted off, sidewalks and streets are slushy and gradually clearing, and we're enjoying getting outside for our walks. Through the wintery weather, I am often confined to the treadmill to get my walking done. Truly, it didn't take long to walk as far as I have been able in recent months, but with my therapy, things are getting better, and I am able to walk everyday for 1 to 2 kilometres. My back and, occasionally, my legs complain a bit, but really, I'm encouraged. The searing pain down the back and outsides of my legs is a rare phenomenon now, and the neuropathy has significantly improved in my feet. I've even been swinging a golf club some days, and am considering a trip to the rink to try showing rocks. This week, I had more ultrasound on my back, but that was related to my kidneys; we'll see what the doctor says about that in my appointment next week. I am scheduled for bloodwork and an appointment with my vascular surgeon next month. Then, I expect, we'll be ready for a trip west! Getting old, hey? We began the week in a wonderful concert with Steve Bell. His stories and songs were a blessing. Wendy keeps very busy with chorus work as they're preparing to attend a competition down at Rochester MN next month. She is also making progress on the business contract she took on recently. The markets took an upturn this week, and I enjoyed that to start the new month with some good gains. It seems we're in a phase of "Good news is bad news!" and "Bad news is bad news!" When economic data is strong, investors lament that the FED will raise rates more aggressively. When economic data is week, investors lament that the FED is causing a recession! It's a multi-faceted fear of the FED, and investors are suffering! The NHL trade deadline was Friday, and all of my teams made some moves. However, the Pens were mostly criticized for how little they did to improve. They are in a playoff position, but their prospects are questionable, at best! Oilers picked up some hopefully helpful additions, and Leafs added a lot of talent. Now, we'll wait to see which team progresses the furthest! My #3-Jayhawks proved once again to be the cream of the crop as they have captured another Big 12 Conference crown. Today was not a good day for my teams as Oilers, Leafs, Pens and Jayhawks all lost. The Scotties ended last Sunday with my pick, Einarson, winning the Canadian Championship. Local team, McCarville, performed very well, and took home the bronze. Now, the Brier has started. There are many highly rated teams in the running. I will follow Sask Champ, Knapp, with sentimental attachment, but not much hope of winning it all. It will probably come down to my favourite, Koe, along with Gushue, Bottcher and McEwen. 

Erica writes, "Liam has been discussing working full time as a missionary leader with Refined Undignified. Refined Undigmified is a hip hop dance group that shares the message of God’s love through dance. This week he was approved to move ahead and start fundraising support through The Great Commission Foundation. Please keep him in your prayers as he moves forward.

Covid 19 +

Eric and I got to enjoy a comedian in Saskatoon. I was feeling a bit stuffed up this morning, and suffering a sore throat, so I took a test! Guess I won't be going to LaRonge next week! We have no update from Haaken and Greg."

Erin and Kristian enjoyed a family date night last evening at the Olive Garden. They've been using a menu-driven food service lately. Kristian participates in the menu selection and the meal preparation. Their meals look great! 

Travis and Joanna keep busy with their business and her job. Tonight, we went with them to the Thunderwolves Hockey Playoff game. Trav braved the line-up to get us red line seats—that was fun! However, our guys lost, so they will not advance to the University Cup final four! 

And that's enough for this week. 

No comments: