Saturday, May 21

May Long!

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather has been nice, the golf courses are open, and we've been able to get out for regular walks. The lunar eclipse was iffy on Sunday night, but the clouds moved aside in time for us to see the full eclipse and the light orange moon. I've been over to the golf course several times to practice. I may try nine holes next week. Spring came very late this year, and the snow cover was substantial, so it has taken many extra days for the courses to dry out enough to play. In my best year for golf, I completed 20 rounds before the end of May, but I was also about 15 years younger then! We don't have particular plans for May Long celebrations. I'm getting some yard work done, including mowing the lawn. I also plan to get in some golf practice. This week the polls opened for early voting in our provincial election. Wendy and I went to vote on Wednesday. They were recruiting election workers, so I applied and have been hired for entry of the ballots into the computers. The markets have continued to whipsaw red and green, but at least I had a good quota week—not having enough of those this year! The second round of playoffs have begun for the Stanley Cup. Only the Oilers advanced of my three favourites, but at least most of my picks have advanced. Oilers are playing the heavily favoured Calgary Flames—Go Oilers, Go! I have picked Flames, Avs, Canes and Panthers to win this round. What? I didn't pick my Oilers? Yeah, I thought it was the least I could do for them! Football has opened training camps. Riders first preseason game is against the champion Bombers—Let's Go, Riders! 

Erica writes, "On Tuesday the Saskatchewan Lipedema Association met with the Saskatchewan Party to share our information on Lipedema. After our meeting, we attended the legislative assembly and we were introduced to both parties. Eric attended a conference this week, virtually. It was hosted from the east coast, so he got to get up very, very early! Greg, Haaken and Liam are all fine. We are looking forward to a good long weekend. We hope to get out for a motorcycle ride."

Kristian had his interview for camp counsellor via Zoom. It ran for about one hour. Now we (especially he) are waiting to hear the outcome. Erin continues to struggle with the effects of her covid infection. She is starting to feel much better the last few days. Kristian is working to get control of his eczema again now that UV treatments are back on. 

Travis and Joanna keep busy. They got their first contract for Bucket Decal work for the Lacrosse League. But, I think the pupsters are even greater time-consumers! We've been over a couple of times this week to visit the grand-pups and to plan a building project for a new storage structure downstairs. Andrew is getting back in gear for completion of his Adirondack chair. Gemma is all graduated now with a First Class standing for her Honours B.Sc with a double major in Chemistry and Biology. This week she had a flat on her bicycle, so Jonas and I changed the tube for her. 

And that's about enough for this week. 

No comments: