Saturday, May 7

Happy Mothers Day!

Mother's Day Flower Deliveries

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather has been beautiful and we've been enjoying getting out for some walks and cycling. I'm back to the renovation of the back deck. The deck boards that are still needing stain are up on the saw horses awaiting Wendy's attention. I'm working on leveling the joist system, and then I'll begin applying the decking. I must have about three fourths of the needed boards already stained and ready to go. I'm also working on replacing the top on the picnic table. And I try to take my requisite practice swings with a golf club each day. The fairways are still soggy, and the greens are still under the tarps, but we're getting close. The driving range should open this week; some private ranges are already open. This weekend, we're doing the flower deliveries for one of the local florists along with Trav and Joanna. Given the fuel prices, it's not as lucrative as it has been in previous years, but we enjoy getting around town, and learning more street locations. Google Maps hasn't let us down yet. The markets have continued their troubled and troubling ways, with the USA indices, in particular, bouncing wildly. This week I suffered three red days, and two green days to end up about flat. The difficult markets have me under 30% invested, but so long as they're red, I'm relieved to be out. Maybe I'll need to start playing the short side! Nah! Wendy keeps quite busy with the Sweet Adelines singing and business. In the world of sports, we have moved well into the Stanley Cup playoffs. I have picked Florida, Toronto, Boston and Pittsburgh in the east. In the west, it's Colorado, Minnesota, Calgary and Edmonton. Some of my picks (looking at you Florida) are already looking shaky! In curling, it's the final Grand Slam of the season being contested in Olds, Alberta. My guy, Koe, has done well, and has advanced to the final against Gushue. On the women's side its Einarson vs Gim (Korea). 

Erica writes, "Eric and I took a quick trip to Saskatoon—stayed over in town and enjoyed a nice dinner out. We also caught up with Darcy, Neil and the girls. Eric got the bikes out and running. Well, one is running. The other needs a new battery. Other than that it was a pretty basic week. Everyone is doing well here. Eric used his Christmas and birthday money to buy a new Apple Watch. He got the latest technology which includes an EKG. I asked him what it said. He replied, 'Apparently, I have a heart.' "

Erin writes, "For news, there’s not really any. I’ve just been so tired still. Sometimes, I struggle just going up the stairs. But other times I feel fine—it’s weird. I still have coughing fits and tightness in my chest. I have a doctor's appointment on Monday. Kristian got to see another Toyota Supra up close. On Wednesday, after his light appointment, we stopped by work because we had one in the shop."

Travis & Joanna had to make the quick acclimatization after returning from Florida. They have been very busy catching up on things and working with the new pups. A lot of Puck Shot business awaited their return, and Trav also had some issues with one of his printers. Then, they're working on the flower delivery this weekend! 

And that's enough for this week. 

No comments: