Sunday, October 11

Happy Thanksgiving!

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather has remained comfortable, but there have been frequent showers. We have continued to work on our several projects and Wendy has managed to add one more. She continues to make progress on the storage closet; it now has a coating of paint! Should be about another day or two to complete that. She found some shingles on the FaceBook marketplace. She has purchased those, and put me to work re-shingling the back shed. I started on that today. She has gone back to work on the luggage racks and has one ready for staining. This evening, we celebrated our Thanksgiving feast with Trav, Joanna, Gemma and Andrew, and with cousin Julie as well.

Our traditional Chinese-food feast!
But first, we enjoyed an afternoon of college football as my Sooners took down the Texas team in quadruple overtime—an easy win!! In other sporting news, baseball has moved into the semi-finals and only two of my picks remain in the race, and they play each other. So, I'm cheering for the Dodgers to advance to the world series. I'll be cheering for the Rays to win on the American league side. The markets have had a wild ride this week, but ended the week in an up mode, and I managed to make some money. I have continued my physiotherapy sessions, and am seeing some improvement in the movement of my index finger. The other fingers are fine! Meanwhile Covid continues to surge, and our province is experiencing such a rate of infections that some restrictions are being applied again. 

Erica writes, "Liam is home for the Thanksgiving weekend. We are planning to make a turkey, and eat turkey leftovers for the next week! We picked up an air nailer and compressor, so maybe we will get some work done this weekend! Haaken reports he is working on some animation for a game he is creating. We hope to see a finished product soon! Eric and I continue with work—Eric in the office and me at home. We have managed to remain COVID-free so far. Eric is also working on a set of hockey cards with his brother Neil. They play a hockey card game based on actual NHL stats. I told him he needs to get his brother-in-law on board, get the game licensed and market it!" 

Erin and Kristian have been ill most of the week, and finally went for Covid tests today. There have been such a surge in testing that it may take a few days to get results. Kristian did a good job completing his homework last weekend, so that program ended well. 

We enjoyed having Travis, Joanna and family here for Thanksgiving, as we are glad to have them around all year long. Trav has had a few orders from American fans of these special bumper stickers. 
I thought it was a cute idea!

Joanna keeps quite busy with shifts at the restaurant. Thankfully, we're not be asked to shut down up here. Gemma and Andrew are facing midterms in their courses. 

And that's about enough for this week! 


No comments: