Saturday, February 8

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior, in my hometown, but we have transitioned first to the shore of Rivière Rouge and now on to the shore of Lake Wascana, in the middle of the prairies.
Index Finger needs work!
My fingers continue to heal. The joints on the middle finger flex normally. My index finger is still very stiff. On Monday morning, I had the follow-up appointment with my ophthalmologist. He was pleased with the progress on my right eye. He could still see the damage from pterygium, but at least now it is seeing well. In fact, it focuses better than my left eye for reading, and I can get by without my reading glasses, if necessary. Then we fuelled up and fought the northwest winds to Winnipeg where we moved in with Tom and Mariette. We enjoyed their hospitality for Monday and Tuesday—thanks folks! On Wednesday, we continued to Regina. We enjoyed supper out with Erin and Kristian on our arrival, and then moved in with dad. Bernard and Alicia were off early this morning to Mexico. Wendy is enjoying a ladies conference last night and today. I drove over to Moose Jaw this morning to pick up Marti and start her on her trip back to Kansas. The markets have continued their topsy-turvy ways, I made the whole week's quota on Thursday, but then lost about a third of that on Friday, sigh! The possible economic effects of the coronavirus continue to bother traders; on Friday it was the downward revisions of the US jobs data. In hockey, it is the Leafs who are now struggling to keep up the pace—c'mon guys! Oilers and Pens won their games today. The Jayhawks won their games this week, and have maintained their #3 rating. I even got to watch their game today.

Erica writes, "It’s been birthday week. This used to mean parties, making of cakes and general craziness. Now, it’s Facebook posts and text messages. Time flies! It’s actually been a pretty quiet week."
Off to an 80s Party!

When we got into town on Wednesday we met up with Erin and Kristian for supper. Then, we went over to their place and got reacquainted with Lucy and Sadie. Lucy seems all grown up, and Sadie needs a haircut. We have her booked for that next week. 

Travis and Joanna are holding down the fort at home. We hope they have no fresh snow. I know they are plenty busy with hockey pictures. 

And that's about it for this week! 

No comments: