Saturday, November 2

News Update

Another fine week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather has been mild, with a few showers. Wendy has kept busy at Big Lots, working pretty much a regular shift this week. The markets have continued to be volatile as investors try to decipher whether good news is good, or whether it may indicate the impending end of stimulus. However, I was blessed with excellent gains and was able to complete the month above quota, and get a good start on November. I had my regularly scheduled check up with my oncologist. He was pleased with my PSA levels, and after many years of six-month checkups, has agreed that once a year will our new schedule. I enjoyed a sibling conference call this week in celebration of Viggo's sixty-fifth birthday—another one on the pension! The World Series came to a conclusion with my Boston Red Sox winning it all. The Riders played out the string against Edmonton this evening, and is set to host BC in the West division semi-final next Sunday. Go Riders! This week, I've been enjoying watching the Masters, the first big tournament of the curling season. My long time favourite, Kevin Martin, beat another of my teams, Kevin Koe, this afternoon. He is into the final against Glenn Howard tomorrow. 

Eric/A and the boys started the week at Tony & Lisa's. This visit was featured in their family update as the Salsa Files! Eric and Erica continue to ponder their future. Eric has won a position in Dease Lake, but opportunities  up there for the rest of them look less clear. They were blessed with a nice payout on the transfer of Erica's pension from Ontario which gives them some relief on the financial side. 

Kristian scored a big haul on Hallowe'en; now we'll see how long it lasts. If he's like his mother, he'll still have some next October! We enjoyed FaceTiming with them about their adventures this week. 

We get back and forth with Trav, Joanna and crew and that's nice. Trav keeps busy with work and hockey. They lost their most recent game, and fell to three wins, three losses on the season so far. 

Well, that's about enough for this week. 

No comments: