Saturday, June 23

News Update

We've had a rainy week on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. Flood fears were reawakened, as we watched the destruction in our neighbouring city of Duluth. Fortunately, although there were some new road washouts, this set of storms did not dump as much rain as the last set. It did affect my driving schedule as several events were rescheduled or even cancelled and my charters were similarly hit. The markets continued to be troubled and were down again this week, but I managed to have a good week and recovered some value. I remain with only a minority buy-in while I wait for some consistent direction. The rains also slowed down progress with golf, as courses were closed, and even practice ranges shut down. I finally got out today, but thunder storms developed and scared me away! Who knows? Perhaps static-electricity therapy would be good for my back! Wendy continues to be in Regina where she is helping out at home. Renovations continue there; she's been in the painting mode this week. 

Eric/A and the boys continue to wind down operations in Kenora. The boys are having farewell parties with their friends. Colleagues have been arranging farewell events for Eric/A as well. The highlight so far was a surprise at Erica's work where they set up an event for Erica to sing some of her own songs with a local band, Big Boogaloo—a bucket list experience for her! The house is still available...

Erin and Kristian are winding down as well. There are many special events at school this time of year, and regular learning activities seem to have pretty much ended. This afternoon, they're off to a birthday party. Kristian cannot relate to the idea that soon all these friends will be left behind. I can relate to the notion that soon I will be left behind; that will be a tough pill to swallow. 

Trav and Joanna are struggling along. It was Joanna's birthday this week, and we enjoyed being able to acknowledge that. Gemma and Andrew are completing their school year; it's been a good year. Gemma is graduating and moving on to a new school. 

And that's about it for this week. 

No comments: