Saturday, June 16

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather has been lovely, and I have enjoyed the backyard and the golf practice area. The markets have continued to be troubled with political/economic activity in Europe, and I am continuing to hold on with less than 40% invested. Greek elections are this weekend, and we hope the situation will have greater clarity after that. I was back to the chiropractor this week; she noted no problems with my tentative beginnings to golf and has cleared me to step it up a bit. I have continued to practice more frequently, and I hope to play a game soon. Wendy is in Regina; things are going fine there. Ellis is continuing to build strength and balance. Wendy has been doing some painting in the renovated downstairs. They are looking toward carpet and lino installation there soon. The NHL season ended this week and the Kings were crowned despite my choosing them! The NBA season is down the final pairing; I have picked the Heat. I had some issues with my yahoo account this week. I got hacked, and everyone in my address book got spammed. I think I finally got it stopped, but not before many of you got some interesting email advertisements! However, it did prompt several to write to me, so that was the good part. 

Eric/A continue to wait for someone to buy their house in Kenora. This will provide greater clarity for them as they prepare to move to BC. 

Erin got good news on several fronts as she landed a job and an apartment in Regina. Kristian got his new Ironman-themed ear moulds. His failed hearing aid has not been returned, so he still has a loaner. He is completing his school year well. Mark has beaten me several times recently in Scrabble; I'm afraid he is no longer taking it easy on me! 

Trav is extra busy this week. He ordered one of the new MacBook Pros, so we're all looking forward to seeing the new retina-display. I am driving the truck now; I hope I have the coolant leak found and fixed. Joanna is busy as well. She was here to draw a blood sample for my PSA test on Friday. 

And that's the kind of week it has been. 

No comments: