Saturday, March 24

News Update

Another week has passed and I have moved from the shore of Lake Superior to the shore of Lake Wascana. I damaged my back last weekend, so that continues to bother me. I had three treatments from my chiropractor this week that has provided some relief, but the schedule of my trip to Regina precluded the completion of treatment, so I continue to be somewhat disabled. It is too bad, as golf courses are opening in TBay! I finally got my newly rebuilt smile, but my mouth is still adjusting to the new partial plate, so I'm not smiling so much! The markets have been troubled again, mostly by concerns about what the growth level will be in China as it is a major engine of the world economy these days. As a result, I lost value this week, but still remain up on the month. Dad has moved to Wascana for further rehabilitation, but the program there has not developed as well as we would like—maybe we need to get some more asterisks on the chart! Wendy has come down with a cold, and we hope that will be over soon. I've been following the Women's Curling championship, but Canada has lost in the playoffs so will be playing for the bronze medal tomorrow. Now I get a week off before the Men's Championship begins. This weekend, I've been watching and participating as the NDP elected a new leader, Tom Mulcair.

Eric/A and the boys had a great time in Mexico and have now returned both tired and rested! The highlight for Erica and Liam was deep sea fishing, for Eric it was horseback riding, and for Haaken it was the buffet! While they were gone, the snow left—they don't miss it, but it has revealed work that must be done in preparation for Spring.

Erin and Kristian remain in TBay taking care of things at home. Things are going well, although Erin suffered one day off due to a migraine headache. They are glad of the warm weather that lets them play in the backyard.

Trav and Joanna keep busy with work. Trav's hockey team is into the playoffs now; they won their first game 5-0, and hope to finish off that round on Sunday. He is also keeping up with the Penguins who are challenging for top spot and have their captain back playing again.

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: