Saturday, March 17

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather has continued to be beautiful and we're enjoying getting outside for back yard play and picnics. Wendy's dad continues to make great progress, and she has decided she can come home for a while. I have one more appointment with my denturist next week and then I plan to drive out to Regina with my new teeth. The markets have reacted favourably, and I've been able to get back to my target for halfway through the month. The TSX is finally in bull territory, and I hope it continues to move upward. I've been out walking near the golf course and imagining getting on the fairways, but they're still sloppy wet as we wait for the frost to come out. March Madness began this week; I'm enjoying my annual basketball fix. There have been bigger upsets than usual, but my final four picks are still in play. The World's Women's Curling Championship has begun, so that will attract my attention as well. We opened with a win over the US. Go Canada Go!

Eric/A and crew are holidaying in Mexico this week. They seem to be enjoying their activities there from horseback riding to deep sea fishing. 

Erin and Kristian continue to help me hold down the home fort. Kristian has been off school this week, but has enjoyed several special activities with the daycare group. Erin is busy with work, but enjoyed a picnic in the backyard with Kristian today in 20° sunshine—that's pretty special for March!

Trav & Joanna were busy with work, but with the kids away over spring break, it was a bit less active than usual. Trav rejoiced this week as Crosby returned from injury to lead the Penguins who are just flying (Can Penguins fly?) with eleven straight wins. Trav is also getting his Elks team ready for the playoffs as the first round is ending. 

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: