Saturday, July 16

News Update

We've enjoyed a great week on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather has been comfortable, although 33 today is just too much! The lawns and garden are thriving, and I've had to cut the grass twice this week. I've been cutting rhubarb as well, but I still haven't caught up with production. Wendy made a wonderful rhubarb/strawberry pie; I enjoyed that a great deal! I've been driving charters for children taking day camp; they sing for the whole trip each way, and I've enjoyed about all of that I can stand! Markets have had another floundering week, and I've dropped back to flat for the month. I expect things will continue on this fearful slide until the US agrees to an increase in the debt ceiling. I continue to be amazed by the thinking that they can prevent spending after the fact! They authorized the expenditures, but now they don't want to pay the bills. I didn't get out golfing, but I did have some nice practice that showed encouraging improvement. The Riders were slaughtered in Hamilton this afternoon—not encouraging!

Wendy has been busy, busy, busy all week; in other words, same ol', same ol'! She's at Walmart again this evening. Her backyard work with flowers and perennials is working out nicely. She keeps encouraging me in the battle with the thistles, but it's a struggle to keep even. Next week we take off for a month-long trip west; she's looking forward to that.

Erin has been so occupied she's even been missing the Jays wins over the Yankees this week. She took time to watch today, and sure enough, they lost! Kristian is enjoying summer, and looking forward to travelling with us to Uncle David's house to see Papa! He's been practicing with his two-wheeler, but he still has the training wheels on.

Trav keeps busy with graphical work both in his job and with private contracts. He got to take part in the Skate with the NHL Players in support of Easter Seals. Joanna and kids are off to Toronto to spend time with her mother, and to help clean up the estate after the passing of her step-father.

And that's the kind of week it's been.

No comments: